Bookings for public courses are non-refundable. In the event that the course is cancelled by VSLC, we will offer you a full refund or a place on an alternative course, as you prefer.
Returns for New & Unused Products
If you have received a product ordered from the VSLC online store that you are not happy with, you may return it within 14 days from your order date to receive a refund or replacement. The product must be completely unused, in its original packaging and with all original tags. Products that have been used, even lightly, dirty items or items that have been damaged due to improper handling / use will not be accepted as a return. The buyer is responsible for returning the item to VSLC at the buyer’s expense and ensuring it reaches VSLC is an unused, undamaged condition as new.
Note – some items relating to safety (for example, certain first aid supplies), are not eligible for return. Where this applies, it is indicated on the product page.
- Complete this Product Return Form here in full. You will need to confirm that the item(s) adhere to our terms and that they are completely unused. You will specific whether you wish to receive a refund, exchange or store credit.
- Once the form is completed, VSLC will review your request for a refund and confirm to you by email whether your request has been accepted or not. If your request is not accepted, we will give a clear reason as to why.
- If your return request is accepted, VSLC will give send you confirmation by email and instructions to return your item(s) by post to VSLC. You should return the item(s) to VSLC by recorded / tracked delivery, and keep proof of postage. NOTE: Do not return items to VSLC until your return request has been processed!
- Once the item(s) are received by VSLC, they will be inspected. If they meet the terms and conditions of return, your refund, exchange or store credit voucher will be processed. Any purchased items that are returned to VSLC that do not meet the terms and conditions of return will either be returned to the buyer at their cost or destroyed.
Note: Any refund payments due will be made via the same payment method used to make the order.
Warranty against defects
Depending on the product, VSLC offers a Limited Warranty against defects in material and workmanship, computed from the date of purchase. To find the length of the applicable warranty period (“Warranty Period”), please see the product page on the website.
Please ensure that you retain your receipt as this document will be necessary for you to exercise your warranty rights.
The warranty coverage varies from product to product, depending on the manufactures warranty policy. The length of warranty period is note on each product page.
If a product is replaced during the Warranty Period, the replacement product will be warranted for the remainder of the Warranty Period of the original product.
Warranty is designed to cover defects in products that occur during normal use.
- Defects that come from normal wear and tear;
- Defects caused by accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, misapplication;
- Defects caused by exposure to extreme natural conditions, liquids, or gases;
- Defects caused by handling by third parties (such as postal service, airlines, hotels, etc.);
- Defects caused by service (including repairs) performed by anyone other than a VSLC authorized representative;
- Defect caused by a modification of a product without VSLC’s permission;
- If the product serial number has been removed or defaced, or if the displayed serial number does not correspond to the nature, type, or origin of the product.
Warranty is only applicable to products that are used under normal use for their intended purpose. For example, if a Throw Bag / Throw rope was used for towing a water craft, it would not be covered under warranty as that is not its intended purpose.
Limitation of warranty
THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. VSLC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
VSLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR PROVIDE A REPLACEMENT PRODUCT THAT MEETS ALL THE CHARACTERISTICS AND FUNCTIONALITIES OF THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT.
This Warranty is only extended to the original purchaser or gift recipient of a product.
Limitation of damages
VSLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (SUCH AS LOSS OF CONTENT, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF TIME, ETC.), OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, CAUSED BY A PRODUCT DEFECT.
How to obtain warranty service
If you detect a defect in a product purchased via VSLC during the applicable Warranty Period, you should complete this warranty form here.
A customer service representative will review your warranty request and advise you if your product and request is eligible. If it is not eligible, we will advise you why it is not eligible in line with this policy. If it is eligible we will provide you with instructions on how to return the product to us.
Following receipt of the product, our we will check the product and will issue a report indicating whether the product needs to be fixed or replaced and whether its defects are covered by the Warranty.
IMPORTANT: Do not return any products to VSLC until your warranty request has been approved. Products returned to VSLC without an approved request will either be return to you at your cost, or destroyed.
IMPORTANT: Please provide a copy of your original receipt to VSLC to be covered by the Warranty.
IMPORTANT: Before you deliver your product for warranty service, it is your responsibility to empty your products and verify that you have not left any object or item in the products, such as in its pockets. VSLC is not responsible for any items left in products sent to us for repair or replacement.
If the product needs to be replaced, VSLC will keep the product and will arrange a replacement product to be sent to you. If the product is no longer available, VSLC will substitute the product for a same price product chosen by you. In this case, a customer service representative will contact you to complete the acquisition of this new product.
If the product is irreparable and cannot be exchanged for an identical item, you will be provided with a credit note or a refund.
In case of repair or replacement, VSLC will cover any cost of delivering the product back to you. However, you are responsible for the cost of shipping the product to VSLC, including the costs of packaging, shipping, and applicable taxes.
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes VSLC’s property. When a refund is given, the returned product becomes VSLC’s property.
How to contact us
You can contact VSLC by completing our contact form, here.