The Paediatric First Aid Award aims to give the candidate knowledge and assess them on their ability to deal with emergency situations, how to recognise and respond to serious medical conditions and serious injuries.
The course includes training on adult, child and infant resuscitation manikins, the contents of first aid boxes and the recording of accidents and incidents. This course meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at anyone who wishes to become competent in dealing with a range of emergency medical conditions involving children.
Regulated by Ofqual in the UK
Qualification Number: 601/2888/4
Title: STA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
Credit Value: 3 Credits
- Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of Award
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course
12 Recommended Guided Learning Hours
This qualification covers:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child with anaphylaxis
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies
- Continual assessment by the course tutor
- Complete 2 worksheets during the course
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out CPR on an adult, child and infant manikin
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for an unconscious casualty
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for a child in an emergency situation
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.