The First Aid at Work qualification aims to create a level of competence in first aid skills for the workplace.
Who is it for?
VSLC First Aid at Work is an ideal course for people who want to become competent to deal with a range of first aid scenarios, in line with European Resuscitation Council guidelines and UK best practice.
Regulated by Ofqual in the UK
Qualification Number: 600/7441/3
Title: STA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
Credit Value: 3 Credits
• Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of Award
This qualification is valid for 3 years and must be revalidated on a 2 day refresher course.
Length of Course
24 Notional Guided Learning Hours:
• 18 Recommended Guided Learning Hours
• 6 Non-Contact Guided Learning Hours
This qualification covers:
• The ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency arises in the workplace
• The ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation promptly and effectively
• Administering first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious, wounded or bleeding, burned or scalded, suffering from bone injury, muscle injury, joint injury, shock, eye injury, poisoned, or overcome by gas/fumes
• Transporting a casualty to safety as required by the circumstances of the workplace
• The recognition of minor illnesses and taking appropriate action
• Maintaining records and providing written information to a doctor or hospital if required
• Understanding the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
• Understanding the legal framework for first aid provision at work
• Demonstrating the use of first aid equipment provided in the workplace
• Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (A/504/4517)
• Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace (F/504/4518)
• Continual assessment by the tutor
• Demonstrate the ability to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation on an adult manikin
• Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for an unconscious casualty
• Demonstrate the ability to carry out first aid for a workplace emergency situation
• Complete 2 worksheets during the course
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.