The aim of the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is to enable a candidate to be able to act as an appointed person to take charge of the first aid arrangements, including looking after the equipment and facilities and calling the Emergency Medical Services when required.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn the basics of first aid, including basic life support.
Regulated by Ofqual in the UK
Qualification Number: 600/7886/8
Title: STA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
Credit Value: 1 Credit
• Be 16 years of age or older
Validity of Award
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course
6 Recommended Guided Learning Hours
This qualification covers:
• Understanding the importance of preventing cross-infection
• Understanding the need for recording incidents and actions
• The use of available equipment
• Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, having a seizure, choking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• Provide first aid care to a casualty for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and small splinters
• Emergency First Aid in the Workplace (A/504/4517)
• Continual assessment by the tutor
• Complete a worksheet during the course
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.