Certificate in Swimming Teaching
The STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching aims to prepare holders to teach, without supervision, pupils of all levels.
Who is it for?
The Certificate in Swimming Teaching is designed to prepare teachers to train students of all swimming abilities without additional supervision.
Regulated by Ofqual in the UK
Qualification Number: 600/3057/4
Title: STA Level 2 Certificate in Swimming Teaching (QCF)
Credit Value: 17 Credits
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Hold the Safety Award for Teachers or acceptable equivalent
- Hold the STA Award in Swimming Teaching or acceptable equivalent (please note the UK ASA Level 1 Award in Aquatic Teaching is not an acceptable pre-requisite)
- Hold the STA Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults certificate or acceptable equivalent
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire.
To remain as a VSLC approved swimming teacher holders of this qualification are required to:
- Remain in membership of VSLC
- Keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Keep their pre-requisite lifesaving qualification in-date
- Regularly update their DBS check
Length of Course
4 to 5 days depending on numbers
70 Notional Guided Learning Hours:
- 28 Recommended Guided Learning Hours
- 42 Non-Contact Guided Learning Hours
- Teaching Swimming, Lifesaving and Survival Techniques
- Understanding How to Develop Participants Through Coaching Sport
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Undertake poolside teaching during the course
- As part of an external assessment, teach a 30 minute lesson to 4 learners
- Complete a 100 question multiple-choice paper with unit pass marks of 15/20, 15/20 and 45/60
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.