IFSTA International Swimming Standards Teaching Qualification
The IFSTA International Swimming Standards Teaching Qualification aims to produce teachers that can teach from in the water up to 5 beginners in open water or 6 in a swimming pool and deliver the IFSTA International Swimming Standards for:
- Water Safe Swimmer
- Competent Recreational Swimmer – Open Water
- Competent Recreational Swimmer – Pool
Who is it for?
The IFSTA International Swimming Standards Teaching Qualification is ideal for those wanting to teach to IFSTA standards. The IFSTA course is perfect for those wishing to run a survival swimming programme with a focus on swimming, land based rescue and water safety awareness, as well as those who wish to teach in an open water setting.
This is ideal for those wanting to deliver lessons in schools or other educational environments. The IFSTA programme has been delivered within the school system in Thua Thien Hue and Quang Tri.
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Be able to swim 25 metres
Validity of Award
This qualification does not expire.
To remain as a VSLC-approved swimming teacher, and to receive the benefit of VSLA public liability insurance, holders of this qualification are required to:
- Become members of VSLC
- Keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date with regular CPDs
- Keep their pre-requisite lifesaving qualification in-date
Length of Course
4 to 5 days depending on numbers plus an extra day for the prerequisite lifesaving qualification
- Safety Award for Teachers or hold an acceptable lifesaving equivalent
- Teaching the International Swimming Standards
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Undertake teaching swimming during the course
- As part of an external assessment, teach a 15 minute lesson to 4 learners
- Complete a 12 question multiple-choice paper with a pass mark of 9/12.
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.