VSLC Safety Award for Teachers
Holders of the Safety Award for Teachers are capable in pool rescue, first aid, adult, child and infant CPR techniques. Holders will be competent to deal with poolside emergencies in accordance with the UK HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools and British Standard BS EN 15288 Part 2, Safety Requirements for Operations.
Who is it for?
This course is perfect for existing swimming teachers that wish to gain the knowledge and skills required to keep their participants safe in swimming lessons and perform a rescue and aftercare if needed. We require that all of our swimming teachers hold a rescue qualification so this course also forms part of our swimming teacher courses.
Regulated by Ofqual in the UK
Qualification Number: 601/5519/X
Title: STA Level 2 Award in Safety Award for Teachers (QCF)
Credit Value: 1 Credit
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Be able to swim 25 metres (candidates who cannot swim 25 metres must be capable of wading, and effecting a rescue, in a pool with a depth no greater than chest height)
- Be able to surface dive and recover an object from the deepest part of the pool
Validity of Award
This qualification is valid for 2 years.
Length of Course
6 Recommended Guided Learning Hours (1 day)
This qualification covers:
- Understanding the Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Knowing how and being able to administer basic life support in a swimming pool environment
- Knowing how and being able to administer first aid in a swimming pool environment
- Being able to perform basic rescue skills in a swimming pool environment
- Knowing how to respond to a swimming pool emergency situation
- Understanding the importance of recording, reporting and analysing swimming pool emergency situations
- Safety Award for Teachers
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out rescue activities in a safe, effective and prompt manner
- Demonstrate cardiopulmonary resuscitation, its preparatory actions and aftercare
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.