VSLC Open Water Safety Qualification
The Open Water Safety qualification aims to train personnel to act as safety cover in an open water environment for competent swimmers.
Who is it for?
This an excellent qualification for those providing safety cover for competent swimmers in open water. Examples may include open water swimming events, guided swim events, or open water swimming training sessions.
Regulated by Ofqual in the UK
Qualification Number: 601/4449/X
Title: STA Level 2 Award in Open Water Safety (QCF)
Credit Value: 5 Credits
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Be a competent open water swimmer able to swim a minimum of 400 meters.
Validity of Award
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
Length of Course
- 3 days
- First Aid Essentials
- Management of Illness and Injury in an Aquatic Environment
- Open Water Safety Rescue Skills
- Complete a portfolio and worksheet questions to the satisfaction of the course tutor
- Complete the practical skills assessment in either a coastal or inland open water location
To learn more about the course and booking options, please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we will get back to you as soon as possible.