There have been a number of new cases of COVID-19 recently in Vietnam. VSLC is monitoring the situation closely and following the advice of all relevant authorities and the Vietnam Ministry of Health.
The safety of our course participants is our number one priority. To ensure the safety of all participants in light of the latest developments, we have expanded the control measures and health screening for our courses.
You can still get in touch with VSLC to learn about private training for your organisation, group or business – our team is ready to respond!
To further limit any risk on any training courses at this current time, please note:
- If you have a cough, are sneezing, experiencing breathing difficulties and or have a fever, we ask that you do not take part in our training courses until you have fully recovered and taken medical advice. It is recommended to seek medical advice early in the event you experience these symptoms.
- If you have come in to contact with a person suspected of having the COVID-19 virus within the latest 14 days, or travelled to Da Nang or an area where there is a current outbreak of the virus, you should seek advice from the authorities. Neither trainers nor participants are permitted to join our courses if they have been to an area where there is a current outbreak of the virus within the past 14 days.
- We use manikins for practical work in most of our courses. Our manikins are cleaned prior to use. As part of learning cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), you will practice giving ‘mouth to mouth’ rescue breaks on these manikins. Manikins will be cleaned properly with alcohol between use by each participant – however, if at this time you do not feel comfortable participating in this aspect of the course, you will be exempt from doing so.
- It is important to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after training, and before and after each practical element of our courses. Your trainer will allow time for you to do this.
- If you are booked on a VSLC course, you must complete our Health Declaration form online before the start of the course. You will not be permitted to join the course on the day if you have not completed the form. You will also receive an email about this ahead of the course. If your health or travel history changes after you have completed the form, you must complete a new one before the course.
Many of these precautions are common sense and represent best practice for reducing the risk of cross infection during first aid generally.
Although VSLC is based in Da Nang, we have trainers available outside of the Da Nang area. Health screening and travel declarations apply not only to course participants, but to our trainers as well.
Due to the current situation globally with the COVID-19 virus, we are also temporarily expanding the scope of our health screening, To ensure the safety of yourself and other participants, we ask that you please complete this form in full and submit this form at least 24 hours before the start of your training course.
VSLC will continue to monitor advice from the Vietnam Ministry of Health and The World Health Organization. In the event that guidance changes and VSLC is required to cancel a course, a full refund will be offered or a transfer to another course / date as preferred.
If you would like further advice on the COVID-19 situation we recommend you follow advice from the Vietnam Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization. If you have any questions about our courses please do not hesitate to contact us.
VSLC are committed to delivering the highest standard of lifesaving, first aid and swimming teacher training in Vietnam, while ensuring the safety of all our participants. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will continue to update this guidance as required.